Friday 6 March 2020

Foxbox: We'll Make It Orky

Foxbox is a boutique miniature manufacturer based in the UK and someone I have been chatting with for a while now. I wanted to do a proper review of his products, since I am such a large fan of his products.

Foxbox has a selection of ork bits, and I picked up a selection of them to spice up my orks. Here we have some torsos.


The size and shape of them is in line with GW Ork Boyz. There's a nice variety available. However, the Aviator torsos in particular suffer from some flash that is difficult to remove.


As seen here, the nature of the mould used means that the connection point is right in a socket, which is a bit tricky to dig out. The other torsos don't have this problem.


If you are bothered by how hunched over the GW ork legs are, then these are for you. They are a little bit chunky, being from the "basiks" range of parts. Do note however that GW tork torsos and indeed the Foxbox ones are designed to fit in at the angle that the slouched legs have, meaning that there may be some fiddling required, and there may be a gap.


Like so. Easy enough to cover with a pouch or similar gubbin, though.


You can see here that the change in stance adds a bit of height to a standard ork boy, which I like.


The selection of arms is nothing short of fantastic, however size can vary slightly from sculpt to sculpt. This arm from the special forces weapon set is a little bit stubby. I don't mind a bit of variation personally, but it is worth noting.


Here you can see some boyz I've put together using mostly Foxbox parts, with some GW bits and an arm from Kromlech. 


Here's a Spanner made almost entirely using the Blackthumb part set. The variety of tools is delightful.


There's a number of original sculpts. I couldn't resist snagging this boss to be a lieutenant in my Waaagh!. Some of the fiddly bits snapped off in transit to Australia, but the overall level of detail is rather shiny and quite chrome.


My absolute favourites have to be the goblins, however. Look at that grin!


They're so characterful and absolutely marvellous. The squad leader at ease is my favorite.

They're a little bit taller than a GW grot, mostly due to the pose. These grots have confidence!



I wont make a secret of the fact that I love Foxbox's conversion parts. They cater to me as an ork player and a Gorkamorka fanboy directly and I would recommend them to anybody in the same category. I would, will (and have) buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment